Even though it may sound like a sci-fi plot, the number of devices with voice assistants will most probably match the number of people living on this planet by 2023.
However, it sounds less improbable if we take into account those 3.25 billion voice assistants purchased by consumers before 2020. Every sign indicates that voice technology is going to dominate in interactions between users and their digital gadgets.
But gadgets are not the thing in itself, they are just means of communication, the vehicles that deliver user attention to one or another domain of human activities.
Since more than half of all voice searches are run for business information and voice search devices have become a part of the daily routine for 72% of their owners, a link between voice technology and commercial queries seems clear. Stats prove that ecommerce communication software such as voice messaging extensions are growing in demand among Magento 2 website owners.
Ecommerce strategy for the future
Enhanced user experience is rightly considered a silver bullet for every modern ecommerce project. The simpler the way users interact with e-stores, the larger the online purchases that occur.
Voice commerce is becoming a trend for a reason. What could be easier than just saying what you need from a seller? Typing and scrolling lose in terms of communication velocity.
We can safely assume that voice search will be as revolutionary for online commerce as mobile technology became once. The pace of life keeps accelerating, and buying on the go is giving way to buying on the run.
That’s why ecommerce entrepreneurs should be capable of keeping that pace to retain their hold on their niches. This is about the consumerization of the ever-evolving internet, and voice-based ecommerce software is as good an option as any.
Voice search and communication software
The voice-driven shopping market is expected to reach $10 per voice assistant by 2023. The trend supposedly means that consumers need to have special devices to participate in voice shopping. Alexa, Siri, Google Assistant, and Microsoft Cortana seem to appear in each hand, therefore.
But what should the consumers do if they don’t have voice assistants? Fortunately, voice commerce is easily implementable without specific gadgets. Various software platforms along with numerous developers offer web-based solutions for voice shopping. Browser extensions and embedded custom services for networks constitute a special cluster of voice-driven ecommerce software designed for online shopping through voice. They enable ordinary smartphones and computers to work like voice assistants.
Hence, the already existing ecommerce websites can provide their frontends with voice searches to start communicating with their users in the most natural way.
Ecommerce communication software for Magento 2
Voice search occupies its place among dozens of other Magento 2 extensions. This type of software is aimed at enhancing the capabilities of ecommerce communication.
Since Magento vendors are some of the major players in the global ecommerce market, voice assistant developers see quite a wide field for the integration of their products.
Some of them are available on the Magento Marketplace, the other ones remain standalone. But all voice messaging platforms for business share a common purpose of letting merchants and consumers talk to one another directly.
Some of the available voice extensions are designed as customizable buttons and tabs, others have landing pages with their own URLs, and some solutions combine all possible ways of voice message integration.
Voice-driven marketing tools for Magento 2 are not too numerous yet, software developers still have enough space to cover. However, both ecommerce entrepreneurs and online consumers can hardly afford waiting for a moment when severe competition selects the fittest. Deals need to be made.
The promises of voice communication software
In general, ecommerce communication software is easily integrable into modern websites. Especially when it comes to such advanced technology as Magento 2.
Can up-to-date voice messaging platforms make the internet feel more human? And if so, does the efficiency of online business have anything to do with this?
Every Magento 2 ecommerce website with an embedded voice recorder allows its owners to receive instant voice messages from the audience. Asking users to fill in a contact form and sending emails sounds obsolete in this context. Voice communication brings more benefits:
- Automatically transcribed voice helps understand what each message is about exactly. The option to respond both via text and voice makes communication faster and therefore more alive. A positive effect on the retention rate can be safely expected.
- The very opportunity to talk to a website via an embedded voice feature takes customer engagement to a new level. Easily deliverable feedback and testimonials will most probably result in new leads.
- Advanced customer support via recordable messages eliminates many frustrating aspects such as typing extensive texts and long waiting on hold. Ecommerce communication software as such should maximally meet users’ expectations. It is worth remembering that a satisfied customer is a regular customer.
- Podcasts and YouTube videos are gaining popularity in ecommerce due to their advertising capabilities. If you run media channels, let your customers use the same media for communicating with you - voice. It looks like a peer-to-peer model that puts both parties in the same line. Few things can contribute to your trustworthiness more.
- The accessibility of your website for users with limited capabilities can be easily leveraged with a voice messaging feature. This is just what the more humane internet means. It will undoubtedly add value to your business.
- Voice messaging can be free for your website if such a payment plan is chosen. But the provider of the voice ecommerce software offers various plans for different business tasks. Scalability is important for those who aren’t going to stop growing.
- Any particular ecommerce communication software is not a killer app for each and every project. Possible alternatives are always available on the market. The task is to select an easily integrable solution that is best suited for your ecommerce project.
There's no need to be a believer in voice commerce - both practice and the stats clearly prove that it's successful! There's also no need to ask your customers to purchase special hardware with voice assistants, as voice-driven communication software can be added to your Magento 2 website in the form of either a browser extension or a separate landing page. What is really crucial to start participating in the growing market of voice commerce is to select a voice software platform with an easily integrable solution just for your ecommerce website. Time to get a step ahead of your competitors!
Want to find out how our app-free voice messaging solution can integrate with your Magento 2 website? Get in touch with the team at telbee today. We'd love to hear from you!